Introductions Thread – Q1 2024

:wave:t2: Hi,

Every quarter we start a new introductions thread for folks to introduce themselves – or to reintroduce themselves – to the community.

• What brings you to The Club and Ministry of Testing community?
  • What interests you now?
  • What do you want to learn?
  • Where are you based?
  • What else could you share about yourself?

You don’t have to answer all these questions. Reply in a way that works for you. Use text, video, drawings, AI-generated images, memes or whatever.

We appreciate that some people like to step away for a while and come back. It’ll be great to hear from you again. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I’ll start …

Hello, I’m Simon Tomes, CommunityBoss here at Ministry of Testing. :wave:t2:

Gonna try something a bit different with my intro this quarter.

I get frustrated when I see people who are stuck in a job that isn’t developing them, where they aren’t fulfilled. Time and time again I see folks who are missing out on opportunities to grow faster than they think they can grow.

So I like to help people by working with them as part of a powerful community of practice – Ministry of Testing – and beyond.

I get real joy when I see people go way beyond their self-defined limitations.

Oh, and I’ve been a tester since 2003. :smiley:

7 Likes

Sowjanya Here
Have been a member of UTest community,
Want to join the real world Tester community, planning to get ISTQB certification in a week.
Attended a SQA bootcamp
Here to know current trend and learn more skills to add to my resume so it will be picked up

5 Likes

Hi,

I’m Georgios Georgiou and i am from Greece, Athens.

I have experience in web development and i’m trying to get deeper into testing / engineering section since 1 year. I have found a few interesting topics into Minitstry of Testing community.

I want to go deeper into manual as well as automation testing and further in time to gain the ISTQB certification.

I’m trying to find a job as an employee but unfortunatelly i havent found something yet. So, i’m getting into freelancing as a tester and i have started in UTest, a pretty good testing community.

I’m keeping going.

3 Likes

Hi, I am Alex from Germany, I live in France and work in Switzerland …

I once have been to a TestBash I think which brings me here to MoT, a good place to exchange ideas and ask questions.

I have been in testing for a quite long time and changed job last year, and now I am not just testing software (embedded software) but have to handle quite some hardware. So lots of cables, plugs, connectors, etc. … yeah!

2 Likes

Sup?
Im Michael from the Pacific Northwest of the US.
I began testing back in 1997.
Since then my experience has ranged widely when it comes to the product silos Ive worked in.
That most certainly doesnt mean I have seen it all or am a voice of authority. nope. everything changes and every product has a unique set of tactics that will extract the information about Quality that we desire.

I have never been a part of any sort of larger testing community. So my hope is to make connections and share thoughts with others in this often misunderstood and poorly defined discipline of ours.

Recently I was laid off from my job of 7 years, so Im on the hunt for a new gig.

Outside of testing software I spend a lot of time rebuilding munty old motorcycles (talk about root cause analysis, my friends!) and playing tabletop roleplaying games (one of the best team dynamics exercises there is)

3 Likes

Hello.

I’m Rosie Sherry, I’m the new-old CEO (and founder) at Ministry of Testing.

I first started testing in 2000-ish and along the way discovered that community is or could be a thing. And here we are many years later!

I have such utter conviction that community can or should be at the heart of everything we do and if we can live a life with that at the centre then we will all be better off. This is easier said than done, but I’ll keep going and trying to do my community thing here at MoT and at Rosieland.

I live in Brighton, with my husband and 5 children (though two of them are “adults” now). We are home educators.

1 Like

I am Kayukaran Parameswaran from Sri Lanka. With a proven track record as a Manager (QA) and ISO Audit Lead at hSenid Mobile Solutions (Pvt) Ltd, along with my experience as a Visiting Lecturer at the University of Vavuniya (SQA) conducting knowledge-sharing sessions for QA teams and volunteering at Yarl IT Hub.

I joined this community last year, and it has proven to be a great platform for knowledge exchange. It encouraged me to write articles, marking a positive initiative on my part towards the end of last year. I am very excited about my involvement with the MOT community this year.

Excited to see how software testing will evolve this year in the era of technological advancements, especially with the integration of AI. This year is expected to bring about significant changes in the field.

Hey everyone, this is Kulsum. I have been part of the community for a while but tried to stay a bit more active since last year. I came across this group while I was reading someone’s post in LinkedIn, I can’t recall it exactly. I like to be part of communities and being at MoT has helped me to learn a lot.

I still love how the whole community collaborately help each other, I love this positive energy vibes, I wish I could attend the meetups , most of them are held in european countries and I live at other side of the world :slightly_frowning_face:

This year I want to learn Load testing, skill up my automation testing skill set and enhance my knowledge on manual testing.

I am from Dhaka, Bangladesh.

I was already ISTQB CTFL and CSM certified and last year at December got my CSD certification too. I have 3 beautiful cats, all 3 of them will turn 4 this year :smile_cat:

Hello I’m Cristina Carrageis
Have 6 years of experience as QAE.
Have a degree in Computer Science and a CSM and ISTQBCTFL.
I’m based in Lisbon Portugal.
I’ve started a Portuguese QA Academy in 2021 that was launched in 2022, but have to drop and passed to others due my daily work and prioritise family .
I love to be involve teaching others and learning to improve my skills. Since my dream job doesn’t exist yet, it’s a mix of QA Manager and QA coach, had the opportunity to launch an internal QA Academy at my company where I’m the Dean.
I wanted to be in touch in MoT to learn and share experiences from others.
Cheers

2 Likes

Hello, Testing Enthusiasts!
Ansha here :wave:

:mag: I’m a manual tester with three years of experience in the ever-evolving world of software quality assurance.

:globe_with_meridians: Joining The Club and Ministry of Testing community to connect with like-minded professionals, share experiences, and stay updated on industry trends.

:rocket: Currently, my interests lie in exploring test automation, mastering new testing methodologies, and diving deeper into DevOps practices.

:books: Eager to learn more about cutting-edge testing tools, agile methodologies, and anything that enhances the quality of software.

:round_pushpin: Based in Noida, ready to contribute to the community and absorb knowledge from fellow testers.

Excited to be part of this vibrant community once again!
Lets connect here - http://linkedin.com/in/ansha-batra

1 Like

Thank you for sharing, @sujjipuli, @glgeorgiou, @alex121, @msh, @rosie, @kayu, @kulsum_siddique, @cicarrageis and @ansha_batra. :raised_hands:t2:

Bonus challenge for you all and future posters.

:star: Find something other than “testing” that you have in common with someone else.

3 Likes

@simon_tomes sounds like a fun challenge!! Would also love to know yours.

I’m interested in:
Mental heath
Pet Stories
Tattoos
Moon
DIY Crafts/Painting, Photography

2 Likes

Hey @ansha_batra, cool!

:handshake: Looks like we’ve got a match. I’m also interested in all things mental health, particularly mindfulness and meditation.

Here are some more:

• Music exploration, such as discovering new and old albums, who wrote them, produced and played on them etc. Plus an interest in the music industry as a whole.
  • Playing drums
  • The world of community and how it can positively impact humankind – with that comes an interest in philosophy, sociology, stoicism, and organizational behaviour.
  • Geopolitics and global affairs
  • Design
  • Entrepreneurship
  • Creativity
  • Writing.
2 Likes

That’s fantastic! Great to hear, i also love expressing creativity and enjoy writing.

Here’s my short Medium blog on Mental health, your thoughts/feedback would mean a lot-
Mental health is a process…not a destination! | by Ansha | Medium

3 Likes

Hi Everyone,
Hanan here.
I work for a tech startup in Germany. I have 5 years of experience in the field of testing with a degree in CS from Lancaster University, England.

I came across MoT when, 5 years ago I was starting as a newbie tester and I wanted to know what people across the world are doing in my field. My first interaction was the slack channel. MoT has helped me a lot during times when I dealt with process-less bug filled software.

Currently my interest is in Playwright automation and I’m trying new things into it.
I’m also interested in having discussions with people who want to break away from the world of formatted test cases.

2 Likes

Hey Hanan, glad to know about you. I am interested in learning playwright automation too how about we do a group study, studying alone is tough and mostly i slack off or i just forget about it. And the break away from the world of formatted test Cases seems interesting want to know about that too.

1 Like

I am interested in mental health and pet stories too :smile_cat:

5 Likes

Hello everybody!

I’m María José and I’ve been working with quality in different fields. My very first job was doing QA on websites in Flash! you can guess that was a long, long time ago! I have a background in translation and web design and I’ve been more interested in SQA more recently.

After working in a bunch of different jobs, whether as a translations reviewer, proofreader, editor (yes, I love writing and reading) I found myself a bit lost and that’s where I found the world of SQA and I became passionate about it.

I started my QA journey in Localisation QA for Siri and it was a great and challenging first experience, I’ve been working mostly on manual testing and managing QA projects. I’ve been doing this for over 4 years now and I’m still in love with it, so that’s why I joined this community and I want to keep learning.

I’m interested in learning more about the technical aspects of testing and automation testing. Sometimes, coming from a non technical field has presented some difficulty for me when setting up some processes and strategies, so I want to work on that gap to keep improving on this area.

I have 2 pets (a dog and a cat) and I love going out and walking on nature, I love languages and learning from others, so I can’t wait to meet many of you and learn as much as I can, and also contribute with my expertise and knowledge if I can.

Another thing I’m interested in is to bring more QA knowledge to the Spanish speaking community and it’s something I look forward to work on.

Nice to meet you all!

I forgot to mention, I live in Galicia, in the north of Spain. If there are more of you around here we can do a meet-up to get to know each other! :smile:

1 Like

Well Im not in Galicia, but I sure would like to visit and enjoy the local food and wine! Welcome!

3 Likes