Introductions Thread – Q2 2024

:wave:t2: Hi, Simon here from the community team at Ministry of Testing.

Thanks for stopping by and reading this thread. :smiley:

Every quarter we start a new introductions thread for folks to introduce themselves – or to reintroduce themselves – to the community.

• What brings you to The Club and Ministry of Testing community?
  • What are you excited about right now?
  • What do you want to learn?
  • Where are you based?
  • What else could you share about yourself?

You don’t have to answer all these questions. Reply in a way that works for you. Use text, video, drawings, AI-generated images, memes or whatever.

We appreciate that some people like to step away for a while and come back. It’ll be great to hear from you again. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Callum a software tester based in London.

I’ve been a member of the MoT community for some years now where I host some of the events and contribute on (usually exploratory testing) topics.

Currently I’m learning about data testing tools that work within a pipeline whilst also sharing information about testing strategy in banking.

6 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Srinivas Addanki from Hyderabad, India (you can call me Srini !!). I heard MoT has some really cool events going on and it looks like the perfect place where software testers from around the globe can meetup , talk shop or just plain chill out, so I decided to join.

About me: I’ve close to 19 years of experience in Software testing. I’ve worked with startups and established IT giants. I’ve worked with some really cool clients such as Microsoft, Baker Hughes and eBay in the course of my career.

When i’m not working, I love to play video games, spend time with family and write the occasional blog. Do visit it and let me know your comments.

It’s really great joining here. I hope to make the most of it.

Ciao,

Love,

Srini

5 Likes

Hi :vulcan_salute:t5:
My name is Konstantin Sakhchinskiy, I’m a Software QA Team Lead and Engineer/Analyst with 10+ years of experience working with all sorts of web apps, live in Poland (EU), work for Octo Browser.
my LinkedIn profile and my blog

A couple of words about me:
I’ve worked with all sorts of web apps - backend, frontend, cloud-based, desktop, micro-services, APIs, CRMs, CMSs. I’ve tackled tools like web scrapers and fingerprint spoofers. I’m efficiently ensuring quality products for exceptional User experiences. I’ve also spent a year in security/penetration testing (entry-level). Plus, I’ve led and coordinated QA teams for over 3 years. I have a master’s degree in Math (IT). My brain’s wired for products since I’ve hung out in product-focused software companies. So, I’m all about making our tech top-notch for the users. I like running, horse riding, drawing/sketching (when I have time), and video games, I’m quite fluent in English (not my native language) and learning Français. I’m interested in game dev, cybersecurity, project management, IT consulting, and the finance/investment field. I’m an individual cybersecurity enthusiast who is interested in research on online anonymity and digital fingerprinting, I’m enthusiastic about technical writing.
Let’s connect and let’s chat!

3 Likes

Hello Folks,

Glad to be here today.

What brings me here is the active community engagement and supportive folks in the group. I like talking about things here. There is a lot of learning opportunities that I see for anyone who comes here.

I am excited about the growing fields and what MoT is going to bring for us to revolutionize the community and testing space together.

I want to learn valuable skills for my testing career. For me, valuable skills are a lot more than just learning about AI or Automation or Test Design. It also includes micro skills like negotiation, or storytelling or persuasion, or communication. I want to learn by practicing things and I see MoT as a good playful place to help me do that.

I am based out of Pink City. It’s really pink in here. Check it out on the web here: Jaipur, India – The Pink City — Google Arts & Culture

I am a tester, speaker, writer, and most importantly learner. I am quite active in Community activities as well as on LinkedIn. Know more about me here: Home - Rahul’s Testing Titbits

2 Likes

Hello at everyone,

My name is Georgios and i am from Greece.

I am a WordPress front-end developer and in the last 1+ year i’m trying to turn into the QA. That’s why i become a member of Ministry Of Testing.
I’m trying to make projects on my own based on QA manual and automated. You can have a look at my repos.
I’m freelancing on QA by using uTest but i’m looking for a more stable work in this field.

If anyone wants to give me any advice please do not hesitate.

Regards
Georgios

2 Likes
  1. Who? - I am Lakshmi, a strategic thinker, problem solver in testing.

2. What? -Testing Manager, Helping Large scale businesses in Digital Transformation testing. Supported Banking, Insurance, Retail, Hitech and Telecomm

3. Where? Was working for Tata Consultancy Services till April 2023. Started my career in India, now residing in UK for last 6 years.

4. When? - Started working from August 2007 as DB Test Analyst for Washington Mutual. DWH, ETL Test Lead for IKEA, Sainsbury’s, JPMC. Business Analyst and Test Consultant for Equinix and Ericcson. QA manager for Aviva, test Manager for Lloyds.

5. Why? - Ready for Next phase, add values to business . Learn something New.

6. How? - Learning New technologies, Networking, Actively looking for opportunities.

3 Likes

My name is Tom. I am a Tester Tom. I’ve been testing for a few years after switching from a dev to test area. Implemented mainly e2e tests for Front end web apps. What my goal is, is to learn more practical about API/Backend tests and performance tests. I also deeply want to learn how to fluently use mind maps and test cases as a tool for documenting the knowledge about the product and be ale to test better. Meeting new, fun people here is also what I would like to happen.

All Best

3 Likes

Hey @simon_tomes

I am here to contribute, learn and engage with this fantastic Community.

I am currently pumped about the evolving landscape of testing, advancements in AI and innovative tools being developed to enhance the quality.
Always eager to expand my knowledge and exploring new testing techniques.

I hail from Noida, India, as a Quality Engineer with 3 years of experience in web app domain, dedicated to refining my skills and connecting with fellow professionals.

Thrilled to be part of this awesome community.

2 Likes
  • What brings you to The Club and Ministry of Testing community?
    I have been a community enthusiast and always look for good interactions that keep me active and stay motivated in my career or professional journey and that’s why I’m here.

• What are you excited about right now?
    Currently I’m looking forward to the testing planet episodes, the test exchange nad week in testing call.

• What do you want to learn?
    My focus like many has been learning on ai in testing. So I’m catching up on that through 30 days of ai in testing spending an hour everyday.

• Where are you based?
    I’m based out of Hyderabad India
    https://bit.ly/HyderabadThePearlCity

• What else could you share about yourself?
    I actively participate in conferences, meetups, and various testing communities, including The Test Tribe, Testchat, Agile Testing Alliance, Ministry of Testing, and Synapse QA. These engagements allow me to connect with fellow professionals, learn from their experiences, and apply those learnings to my work. As an advocate for mentoring, I enjoy guiding and supporting junior testers in their professional growth.

I am an avid learner, always staying up to date with the latest industry trends and advancements. Topics such as accessibility, usability, and testability hold a special place in my heart, and I continuously seek opportunities to deepen my understanding of these areas.

Volunteering with the Test Tribe, I actively organize meetups in my city, encouraging fellow testers to join and share their knowledge. These community-driven events have been instrumental in my own growth as a tester, and I am grateful for the confidence, knowledge, and resources they have provided me.

In my pursuit of continuous learning, I have found video-based learning to be particularly effective and enjoyable. By staying engaged with this format, I expand my expertise and stay ahead of industry developments.

Outside of testing, I find solace in reading books and appreciate art and travel as sources of inspiration and rejuvenation.

2 Likes

Hello and good morning!

I’m Adriana from Colorado, I just graduated from a bootcamp and am so excited to be starting a new career in tech. Previously I worked in both live music and the food service industries, I loved the fast paced environments, but am looking for a change from very physical jobs to one where I get to use my mind more.

What brings me here to The Club and Ministry of Testing community is my desire to learn. I was thrilled to find so many resources for continuing to learn, plus everyone seems so friendly and helpful here.

I’m very excited about learning more, and to hopefully soon have my very first job in this new to me industry. Thanks for having me! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Dajah and I’m an aspiring software tester based in the US.

I’ve been studying for the past month and I hope that Ministry of Testing fulfills my desire for community in a space where I one day hope to work. My goal is to develop a deeper understanding of manual testing and eventually move on to automation and beyond. I love gaming, music, movies, and learning in general.

Any advice and tips are welcome and encouraged. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Kaarina and I’m based in Nova Scotia, Canada. I’ve been helping with testing for a year or so from my role in user support, but recently my team was handed ownership of testing and it’s been a bit of a learning curve. I don’t have any coding or development background, strictly user experience, which I think is a strength and a weakness (most days recently it feels more like a weakness :sweat_smile:).

I’m looking for resources and community, as my team is very small and new to testing.

I’m excited about being responsible for creating a better product for users (and our support team).

One thing I’m finding challenging right now is testing purchase flows and subscription upgrades – if anyone has guidance on that, I’m open to hearing it!

1 Like