🐤 Day 4: Construct a 99 second talk

Welcome to Day 4 of our community 30 Days of TestBash activity :construction:

It’s not a TestBash without 99 Second Talks!

The 99 Second Talks this year were a wonderful opportunity for the community to come on stage and talk for, that’s right, 99 seconds.

You could talk about anything, a testing topic you wanted to share, a personal experience, or an idea sparked by all the amazing talks, workshops, activities and conversations encountered on those TestBash days…the stage was yours for 99 seconds!

60 fabulous folks were lucky enough to attend the ‘Start Your Public Speaking Journey’ workshop at TestBash from Karen Todd and Vernon Richards , where they learned how to brainstorm topics to write about, then form one idea into a short “elevator pitch” that solves a problem for someone (sound perfect for a 99 second talk…I thought so too).

The presenters then shared steps to turn that elevator pitch into a written abstract paper, work in groups to review each others’ abstract papers and provide that feedback to each other in a constructive way and so much more. Many then took to the stage with their abstract and gave their first talk! This was such a great opportunity to kick-start a public speaking experience and/or give it a boost, most though did it for fun or to share.

So why not be ready for next time? Take a stab at constructing your 99 second talk today!

When is next time?” I hear you digitally ask over the ether…well on Day 12 of ‘30 Days of TestBash’ you have the opportunity to give a 99 second talk live on TWiT via Linkedin and appear on our podcast. Save the date and sign up - 27th Septembers 2024.

Please drop comments in the thread, what could people talk about? Is this the time to share your origin story - how did you get into testing?

Sharing is caring - or start a new post (with “testbash-brighton” as a tag).

Thank you!

2 Likes

I had the chance to attend the Start Your Public Speaking Journey workshop, and it was a valuable experience! Learning how to construct an abstract and refine it into a 99 Second Talk really inspiring. I gave my 99 second talk on the day, which was exciting! It was a great opportunity to practice public speaking and share ideas in a short but impactful way. I’d definitely recommend giving it a try—it’s a fun and rewarding experience!

2 Likes