Did anyone use MUnit for their API automation framework?

The team and I need to figure out what to use for automating the testing of our APIs. We’re considering many tools, such as Rest Assured, JUnit, TestNG, etc.

Since the many of those APIs are build using MuleSoft’s platform, and they have their unit testing framework called MUnit, I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this product and if it is worth considering?

1 Like

Are these APIs HTTP or some proprietary protocol?

If they are a standard/open protocol, I would suggest not using a proprietary tool for external calls, since you would be fragile if the tool is not supported or changed drastically and mandatorily.

We’re considering many tools, such as Rest Assured, JUnit, TestNG, etc.

Well, these have different purposes. Nonetheless, these tools are details of your overall architecture. If you create good interfaces by which your Use Cases interact with them, you can pick whatever tool seems to do a good job and keep the option to change without affecting the core of your program.

1 Like

Thanks for the input, these just REST APIs using HTTP, MuleSoft is just used for the documentation and for it’s visual API builder (developers aren’t too thrilled with this solution) but that’s how it is.

If you are just testing HTTP APIs Postman is a tool that is commonly used.

1 Like