Do you often get useless messages about job opportunities from "effective recruiters"?

Hi there!
I’ve written a post on LI about this topic. Basically, here is a generalized conversation with many recruiters (messages from recruiters):

Hi,
Hope you are doing well,
I’m trying to reach out to you for the position of {{some_irrelevant_IT_title}} for one of my reputed client in Poland.
If you are interested please send me your CV, salary expectations, date when you can start working, and date/time for a screening call in case you are interested to apply

Client is a Fintech company
Location is Poland
Hybrid/remote
4 days onsite
salary/rate: As per market
Contract duration is 6 Months (extendable) B2B
3 days in the US time zone
QA tester/analyst

Looking for candidates with strong experience in Test and Automation AND frontend, backed programming AND api test and UI test and Banking and e-commerce and networks, and more

Do you often encounter such recruitment?
Do you believe these are real jobs?
Do you think any companies with such recruitment can find suitable employees in a reasonable timeframe?

2 Likes

I usually ask a few things back and if they do not respond then it is fake :smiley: or is not worth my time

1 Like

I used to get a lot asking for my contact details for jobs I was a “great match” for.

It took about 24 hours for multiple sales people calling me with fantastic offers and financial advice.

Asking questions on where they got my details, bringing up GDPR and the right to be forgotten from their database was a fools errand on my part.

Most job contacts stopped when I respond asking for their contact details and a suitable time to call them for a chat rather than giving my details out online.

I don’t answer any unsolicited calls these days, unless I’m expecting a delivery.

2 Likes

Hell yeah.

I believe so, these are often just headhunters for a 3rd party company who try to spam as many people as possible.

So this is not the goal of these spamming recruiters. For instance, these recruiters work often for a 3rd party recruiting firm and their job isn’t to get somebody hired but their job is to get let’s say 50 resumes.

You’ll notice if you get messaged on Linkedin by a recruiter directly from a company, the message is very much different then these from a 3rd party company.

1 Like

I get these all the time.
It is now fun to see what the job is that I am an unbelievable match for…
Last week it was a job about ‘Catering’ :grimacing:
Someone with my skillset and experience is exactly what they are after
(I can assure you, that I am the worst candidate in the world for this!!!)

1 Like

I’ve been on both sides. We used recruiters to fill Test positions and the suggestions we got were people interested in all types of IT jobs. One person actually mentioned not wanting any other job than IT admin. The recruiters forwarded their info to us anyways. :smile:
I also received recruiter DMs for all kinds of IT jobs. Maybe I’m a bit naive, but I always thought the jobs were real. From my experience a lot of recruiters are just bad at their job. My former manager was headhunted for her own soon to be ex-job. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I speak to a brilliant recruiter from a company that has found me a job before, but lately I am guilt tripped out because I’m ignoring their messages and calls. So yes, if you are out there, Ben, I’m sorry, but I’m too embarrassed to pick up now. But when I do in fact need a job I will swallow hard and pick up the phone.

But yes I do get a few speculative contacts, and even the occasional scammer, but the speculative ones are why I updated my linkedin profile, to tell recruiters politely to just buzz off. It does work.

1 Like

I am sure you have excellent tableside and people-skills Neil.

1 Like

I do have great people skills to be fair :crazy_face:

1 Like