It’s been a year since I’ve started my exploratory testing journey and although fun, I still have a few things that I need a better understanding of . So I thought I’d post some of the questions that have been lingering on my mind. So here goes…
- What is the best way to approach a bug that is hard to replicate frequently, particularly bugs that are a high priority? In addition, how long should I spend investigating these before moving on?
- This question in particular is one that I find quite difficult to approach. When a bug is discovered by a user that I can’t replicate, I become unsure what do, as a result I end up spending a great deal of time trying to reproduce it which becomes frustrating.
- What can i do to find unknown risks? Just exploring or is there more to it?
- My assumption here is that to find unknown risks I just explore, but is there any more I can do to make my process better>
- How can I ensure that missing/forgotten risks, will not be forgotten on the next occasion. Any tips on methods or tools?
- So far, I just write down any risks I find on slack (as a sort of directory to find what I’ve written) but its not cutting it.