From blue green deployment to K8 deployment

Would like to understand the issues you faced and best practices you are using as a tester on this transformation.

1 Like

K8 as in kubernetes? Unless specifically testing deployment process or infrastructure around deployment, I would think from a tester / end to end perspective, switching deployment model should have no affect on the test interface for the services/components in question. They should work the same as before, unless K8 deployment has changed their behavior somewhat. So it would be more like regression testing that switching deployment model didn’t break anything.

1 Like

Yeah kubernetes :slight_smile: I agree there should not be any effect from the testing point of view in general. But as I understand, K8 is not support blue green deployments in Windows that well. So the processes has to change. Wanted to see whether anyone have any experience on this.

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not familiar with k8s and Windows deployments. Can you elaborate on the issues you faced? Pardon the late reply, I don’t check this forum often.

Are we talking about running k8s clusters on Windows servers? And/or are we talking about deploying Windows containers on k8s cluster (I am assuming that requires running k8s on Windows servers)?