I was pondering the amounts of context switching I have to do in my team which range from:
- 3 amigo sessions and test planning
- Exploratory and functional testing for FE
- Exploratory and functional testing for BE (APIs)
- Accessibility testing for FE
- Release planning and management
- General admin (managing 2 people other quality strategy stuff)
- Production monitoring (what do the users actually do and what errors exist in prod)
Is this normal in your places? How do you manage context switching?
The big ones I struggle with is FE vs BE testing and the tools I need for both and adequately applying critical thinking.
And as a side note, do you have full stack developers? We have specialists for FE and BE so I find it interesting to be “full stack” as a tester.
Some pondering from me.