How Do You Get Work Done?

I wanted to start by saying I agree with other folks about the Pomodoro method working for me. I did find sometimes I wanted to continue to work through the 20min timer and kick off another session - I would count how many times that would happen to see if I learned anything. So far, the data is inconsistent - I’d start a task using Pomodoro, snooze the first timer and not set another one. Or some days I just wouldn’t use it at all. So the next time I’d use it… I’m working on being more consistent. :innocent:
My recent co-working story: my product team has an open zoom room where we can go to co-work virtually. I used to just call this body-doubling. It is a method I’ve used in the past whenever I struggled to get a task done and I was by myself…I’d go find another human and just work in the same space as them (virtual or physical).
We might not even be working on the same thing at the time - the goal is to just have another person around you and it helps get you into a space to focus on your tasks. I feel like this really relates to rubber duck problem solving.

3 Likes