Learning patterns, How you can accelerate your learning?

Hi all,

I’m looking for new learning patterns that could help you achieve your learning goals faster in effective way.

I wrote in the below blog my takeaways from JOSH Kaufman Ted talk: “how to learn anything in the first 20 hours.” Accelerate your learning: How to learn anything new?

Curious to know more about your learning patterns ?
Best,

2 Likes

Every time I study anything, I play Equinoxe and Oxygene softly in the background on Spotify. I’ve done it for so long that I enter a relaxed “learning mode” when I hear them.

3 Likes

When I learn something I tend to make a presentation or training of it. Not with the intention of teaching others but, just when I’m building it, it makes my view of the thing I’m learning bigger.

And the bonus is you already have a presentation/training prepped if you do wish to give a session about it :wink:

5 Likes

Wow thank you @kristof ! I agree that trying to teach some thing or even teach it make you guru at it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I can add, blog about it using the slides and your takeaways for better memorization :wink:

2 Likes

Excellent album choices :cd:

2 Likes

Not necessarily a pattern to accelerate learning, but here is something I do:

At the end of every day, I ask myself the question “what have I learned today?

It helps me making my implicit learning more explicit, and appreciate the fact you know something know, what you didn’t the day before.

3 Likes

I always try to comprehend what I just discovered and then I find a metaphor to explain it. This helps me remember what I just learnt, and also makes easier to explain it to somebody else (which also helps in learning it better).

2 Likes

Similar to Kristof when I’m learning something I think how to share it with other people. To do that I need to get a much deeper understanding of the content to answer questions, use simplified explanations, use different approaches for the audience etc.

I like to have a simple 1 or 2 sentence explanation for things where possible. They aren’t perfect but generally do enough to demystify the content, even if they aren’t totally accurate. If someone walks away with an idea of what a thing means, they can see how it fits into wider discussions.

2 Likes

Thanks @geosley for sharing this great visual about the benefits of CL !

2 Likes