Manual testing tool recommendations

Several teams in the Engineering department at my company recently ran trials of various test management solutions, and everyone independently put TestRail at the bottom for usability.

1 Like

I feel you. Curious to know which tool ended up in first position :slight_smile:

Can you elaborate for me on what is meant here “Manual regression test scripts are recorded in word and excel (the testing itself is tasked in Azure DevOps)” …?

We’re using Azure DevOps and I’m struggling to set it up in a way that makes sense (the test cycle integration is SO clunky!). Thanks!

We also worked on Excel sheets on Google drive, but then switched to Practitest (we actually managed to import all our previous data there)

Now we use Practitest for most of the test related activity, for auto testing as well BTW. We store requirements and issues there as well. Right now all our test cases, test executions and issues history are there.

TestRail and JIRA is the best tool for test management

To come back to this a bit now that I’ve used TestRail a while, it works pretty well for Regression testing, but I have not used it for any other type of testing and it does not integrate with Azure well. It wouldn’t necessarily be my first pick but it works pretty well. It is supposed to integrate with Jira well, but unfortunately where I work we use Azure for our ticketing system rather than Jira.

Azure DevOps/TFS is pretty convoluted when it comes to using it for storing or recording your testing results in my oppinion and is definitely designed more for development as it is not a test management system. Test management was like an afterthought. I’ve used TestLink in one of my previous jobs and it worked pretty well from what I remember though I wasnt the one that had to set it up initially. Hope you found something that works well for you!

Are ads allowed in the forum?
I’m not sure…

They are not @joaofarias! Thank you to everyone who clicked the flag on this reply to flag it as spam :slight_smile:

2 Likes