Name your 3 top testing skills. ONLY 3, you can do it

Curiosity
Tenacity
Courage

1 Like

A wee quote I always remember when talking about discovery by chance: “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.Thomas Jefferson

For me it usually happens like this: “I’m sure something’s not quite right there, I’ve lucked onto a possible defect. Let’s have another look at replicating and/or the requirements. Rinse, repeat.” LOL. Pays to work smartly as well though … and to remember we can’t ever execute EVERY possible test…we have to give it up and release the code some time.

4 Likes

See these are your microheuristics in play, you know something is amiss or to poke a certain place. It’s that tester intuition at play!

2 Likes

Just throwing something in there… Are most of these skills or characteristics? :wink: Is there a difference in this context?

3 Likes

Based on environment and people some skills might be more important than others.
Understand deeply the context
Business first in all you do
Think/act deeply and widely

1 Like
  • Exploratory Testing
  • Questioning, Reporting, and Communication.
  • Critical Thinking

Thanks,
Asiq Ahamed
Test Automation Architect

1 Like

Good old common sense
Maximalism
Eager to learn continuously

1 Like

observant
cross the 't’s & dot 'i’s
big picture

Empathy (for your users, for the people on your team and your company)
Creativity
Attention to Details

1 Like

Good question. I think at least in this context there isn’t much difference because what I think the point of this question is that everything that’s mentioned here can be learned. No one has all the skills/characteristics neccessary to be a “successful tester” in the beginning of their career.