New codeless automation tool

Here are some questions.

1 - Does it allow us to code in case we need custom functionality also?
If yes, then which programming languages does it support. If no, then is it in your roadmap?

2 - Does it allow us to debug tests, i.e. run them step by step?
Are there any limitations in your debugger like needs too much memory, can be used only for certain parts of the test cases and not the entire test case etc.

Can we inspect any variables if we need to during debugging?

3 - Code or no code, does it have refactoring features?
E.g. Does it allow you to extract a test or its steps and convert them into some kind of reusable utility or test?

4 - Does it allow certain tests/“functions” to run before a group of tests just like TestNg?
E.g. Do login before every purchase related test. But, don’t login for product searching tests.

5 - What is the format in which you store test cases behind the scenes?
Eg. Java tests would be stored as Java files and class files. So, does it store tests in some proprietary format or common one like json, xml etc. ?

6 - How does it handle versioning and test case reviews?
Can we use Git & Github with it?

7 - Is every or at least major feature well documented?
Does every feature have a link to the documentation for that feature?

8 - How do I migrate away from your tool when I need a lot of customization?
Is there any tool which automatically converts the tests into documents or code?

9 - Which learning resources do you have for beginners to your tool?
What is the cost of these resources? Do any of these resources cover realistic use cases or just toy examples?

10 - Do you have any publicly accessible forums where people can ask questions about the tool?
Personally, I’d prefer forums such as stack overflow which are not owned or run by the tool company.

11 - Do you have any publicly accessible forum where people can suggest features and bugs, and also see their status?

12 - How is this tool better than its competitors?

13 - This one is for a user of any tool and not for the tool company.
Do some frequently used features of this tool require too movement with mouse/trackpad?

Too much movement of mouse/trackpad can potentially cause discomfort or even Repetitive Stress Injury/RSI. In contrast, RSI is alleviated, but not prevented or cured, by auto complete in coding IDEs which low code tools don’t have. So, you hope that the UX design of the low code tool does not take too many steps to do things, especially simple things.

PS -
I guess these could be used as a template for any low code, no code or codeless automation tools.
I think I could ask more questions, but I’ll stop for now.

3 Likes