New to testing, would like to get an internship

Hello, i am new to testing with no prior background in computer science. How can i go about getting an internship to help grow my skills?

3 Likes

Hey @_funmmy and welcome to MoT!

These are some topics you might be interested in:

Depending on where you live and what companies expect … you could learn already about the core values of testing. Like Testing pyramid, … etc maybe some tools companies in your area use often,…

1 Like

I live in Nigeria, i don’t mind a remote work since there aren’t any companies in my area

Like Kristof points out, get some background in the terminology and process initially.

Nigeria has a huge tech startup community - my bet would be to get very familiar with mobile apps , notably Android, how to deploy apps and how to really test android apps, and then go hunting.
The “Internship” scene is pretty quiet in the UK lately, but I doubt Nigeria has been impacted by the same slowdown, I keep hearing about African success stories coming out of Nigeria. Internship is going to be aimed at university students, and only large companies tend to be able to afford to run such programs. Probably not a lot of those in Nigeria being very much about innovation and startups still from what I hear on the radio.

1 Like