QA lead Interview

Hi Folks- I have a interview for a QA lead role and one of the interview is a 60 minute written exercise. It won’t be a coding round. There will be a few questions that I have to resolve in 60 minutes. Can someone please share a similar experience? What kind of questions, problem they may ask? How to approach them? The role is communication heavy and not of an automation engineer. Please help.

2 Likes

interviews, I always treat just like school final exams. You already know the work, so just do some spot revision, make sure you are relaxed, know as much about the company as possible and who you will be meeting on the day. Having some background to and your own mental image of not just the company and it’s workings but the people you might encounter in an interview helps you come across as more personable. You need to make them think you belong there and think like they do, and that they want to work with you. I do usually spot study some relevant coding and industry-relevant terminology the week before an interview though. But am always sure to spend a lot of time to chill down, so I normally only do 2 interviews in a week max.

1 Like

An hour written exercise in an interview…? and not a technical test…? Wow. I’ve never heard of such a long written aspect to an interview before.

As for advice… If you’re going for a lead role, I’d trust in your own judgements and capabilities - you must feel ready to take on such a role if you’re heading to an interview, so be confident in your own skills and experience, and let that show during the interview and in the written part.

3 Likes