Taking a screenshot from Jmeter after the execution has finished or on test fail

Hello all,

I wanted to ask if ever came across this issue before and how did you solve it or if you have any ideas for a solution.

Setup
I have a Jmeter script that will run from a CI/CD Pipeline.

Problem/Issue/Task :slight_smile:

I want to know that the script ran and in case it failed get some info. Was thinking of a screenshot since, that is the most visual way for most.

What did I try
I did try to add Selenium to Jmeter but that does not help much since in the end I cannot open 1000 Instances of Webdriver and have them run the test via the UI and make screenshots. If I do that then Jmeter has no value for me here.

I would appreciate any tips, help, suggestion.

Thanks in advanced

It has been a while that I donโ€™t use jmeter, but Iโ€™m sure you can export the listener results as files to be written to disk.
Seems like there is also a jmeter dashboard (Apache JMeter - User's Manual: Generating Dashboard Report)
CLI documentation also talks about the dashboard (Apache JMeter - User's Manual: Getting Started)

1 Like

You can use JMeterโ€™s CLI.
You can use -l to save a .jtl file which you can import into graphs in JMeter UI.

I prefer to use: -e -o to generate an HTML report, which already has all visual graphs. (You can add custom graphs into it also if you like) just as zecarrera mentions.

You can even go more fancy and add a timeseries database & dashboarding UI ontop of it like Chronograph or Granfana. This way you can have real-time feedback.

2 Likes

Thank you, although it is not exactly what I had in mind, but I think it is even better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will check them out.

Thank you

I created a product that allows you to publish JMeter test results to an API and receive a hosted dashboard with those metrics visualized and analyzed. Documentation is here and please reach out with any questions!

This may be a good solution for you. Iโ€™ve found setting up InfluxDB, Grafana, or even Datadog is pretty complicated and it doesnโ€™t include workflows/processes needed for web performance testing.

1 Like