TestBash World 2022 - Ask Me Anything About Regression Testing with Deborah Sherwood

During this one-hour-long session, our host @jamesespie will be joined by the fantastic @dsherwood for a Testing Ask Me Anything about Regression Testing.

We’ll use this Club thread to share resources mentioned during the session and answer any questions we don’t get to during the live session.

1 Like

Questions Not Answered Live

• Anonymous - I’m new to testing & work in a team thats never had a tester. How do I begin talking about regression testing to a team that has never had this testing?
  • @friendlytester - One of your regression tests has just failed, what steps do you take next?
  • @benmue - Hey, when a feature or detail changes, do you proactivly change the tests or ‘wait’ for failure. How would you identify the tests need change?
  • @testingchef - Are there any cases where a manual test is preferred over automating?
  • @ifs - When I did regression tests last time, I encountered tests that weren’t worth executing (manually). How to remove a test, and how to explain it to PM?
  • @lsevern - Do you use data to drive your regression test?
  • @bruno_lopes - You mentioned that sometimes you don’t automate cases that are faster to run manually. Can you share a couple examples?
  • @friendlytester - How often are you deleting automated regression tests?
  • @lizbeth.es - In the dev/build process, when will you be ready to do regression testing? what needs to happen before we can start regression testing, any checklist items?
  • @gourav - Do you want to sequence your regression to run the critical first then others then others? Does it help?
  • Anonymous - Is there any other way than the regression testing to be sure that the quality of our app is stable/constant during the sprints?
  • @bruno_lopes - Are people executing manual regression testing the same who build automated regression packs?
  • @bruno_lopes - Have you considered codeless/low code automation tools (over cypress, for example)? If not tried or tried but not using, why?
  • Anonymous - what are the automation tools that you are using for end to end testing?
1 Like