What are the QA trends that you are seeing right now?

People always make trends posts about 2024 2025 etc and they all have the same trends on them. AI Automation Performance etc …

So my questions towards you is what are you seeing right now as a trend? What’s popped up more often?

For me it would be A11Y - Accessibility testing, I see more and more people investing into it, many posts of it online. It might just be due to me not having much experience in it compared to other things.

What are you spotting? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

AI in Testing is at an all time high hype cycle.

Companies, Individuals, etc. will go towards adopting AI in Testing.

Focus shift will also happen from coding to actual testing concepts.

3 Likes

The debate
AI is a replacement for hoomans vs AI is a tool for hoomans

3 Likes

Looking around in the past couple of months this year compared to the last one, there are 80% fewer available job openings for software tester-related roles.

4 Likes
  • ai tools introduction and ai exploration capabilities
  • more expectations for a better quality (probably because of tools in p.1)
  • optimising QA costs (business think AI should help lower cost)
  • increased investment in security testing (due to recent issues)
1 Like

Seeing a lot of seemingly bot posts, often on the face of it with reasonable intentions but at the same time undermining good testing and perpetuating myths of good practices.

Saw two identical “word for word” posts yesterday from apparently different people both with hundreds of likes.

AI questionaires tend to be the same as the suck out a lot of older mainstream practices and use those as the starting premise to get input. This will often just create a complete BS set of questions but I’m still seeing a lot of people agreeing with these ideas again perpetuating them.

Its hard to take a stance that these are wrong or that my views are better in some way but it does seem to take away from the openness to doing things differently, to hear the voices of outliers and perpetuate some in my view very flawed thinking.

2 Likes

I agree on the accessibility area is moving forward, its been a bit of an outlier for a few years often just in the hands of testers but now a lot of the development tools are adding accessibility plugins.

The company I work with was working on the flutter plugin, there’s a youtube video on some of that with some of the google team.

There’s a lot of mentions of legal requirements which are likely a big driver for the move to mainstream but also the recognition of a large market out there for access for all.

2 Likes

Going off on a tangent… You mention there’s a video of this - seems like every other article or help guide is a video now, rather than an article. Presumably videos are inferior to actual text on a page in the context of accessibility and archiving and information retrieval? This relates to how my organisation shares information as well - sure, there are technical docs but a lot of the user guides seem to be a recorded Teams tutorial now instead of a written doc

1 Like

AI is the new trending topic in the market, which has fueled the automation also. People who are especially in manual testing were already facing struggle and in case they dont shift to these topics, they are gonna face more difficulties in future.

1 Like

I prefer video’s over articles any day. It’s more “into the business/framework”
An article is often just a write up and not specific or too in depth because then the article becomes to long and nobody will read it, while a video is the opposite and you can even put it up on the background if you like.

Just my personal preference :smiley:

1 Like

Ai used for accessibility is an actual emerging trend :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Interesting! Any recommendations? :slight_smile:

An overwhelming amount of AI in testing posts.

API Security

Performance engineering

Fair amount of automation related posts

This is what I see.

watch this space…actually been writing up my findings ;p

1 Like

I’ve been using ChatGPT to create accessible alt text for the software testing memes we’ve been sharing, it works well!

1 Like