What do you call a person who identifies as part of the Ministry of Testing (MoT) community?

Originally sent in 👋 Introductions
okdashcam

Thanks Simon, what do you call the good people of MoT? Motters? Motties? :smiley: Motters?

I said motters twice lol

fullsnacktester

MonsTers?

baysha

MoTors.

simon_tomes

Great question. I like @fullsnacktester and @baysha's suggestions. :smile:

I guess I sometimes refer to the MoT community as just the testing community. Yet I appreciate that isn't a snappy name like Motters. I like it!

Let's start a discussion thread.

What do you reckon? What ideas do you have? What do you call yourself given you are part of the MoT community?

2 Likes

Not sure what to call myself, but we are definitely all part of this wonderful

MoTley crew

3 Likes

@fullsnacktester and @simon_tomes - Minsters reminds me of this

2 Likes

Once saw a Reddit post saying MoT was like a cult. Which amused me greatly.

So perhaps Level 7 Acolytes. You can elevate to Level 8 if you send me your bank details :wink:

I mean…the Level idea is really nice.
To be honest Ministry of Testing reminds me of Ministry of Magic ( Harry Potter). :smiley:

So Level 7 Acolytes sounds cool. Do you have Level 10 API skills and Level 6 UI? Or how do we calculate it?

Ministry of tester? :smile:

2 Likes

The answer is staring us right in the face from the MoT logo but nobody suggested “Ninja” yet?
“Hi, my name is Tobias and I’m a ninja at the Ministry of Testing” has a nice ring to it.

3 Likes

WE could go down the religious route and we could be called Pastors or Quality Evangelists… Though that does give off cult-like vibes…

I really do like the “ninja” thing…

So we are all quality ninjas :wink:

1 Like

Maybe we should turn the tables! What’s does the MoT Staff call us? :smiley:

1 Like