What does a tester do when he does not to create an Instagram account but view Instagram?

As a tester I cannot help myself and “hack” or try to do stuff what I am not supposed to do.
Here a small example regarding Instagram,

This is what i found on Instagram out after some dom inspection

4 Likes

The magic of DevTools! This trick used to work well on Medium and a few other sites where they try to get you to login and/or pay :imp:

2 Likes

Sad that you have spent so much time learning enough script hacking. I once started trying to learn a bit of greasemonkey, so glad I gave up early on that. Great job though, pity that Insta is not really useful anymore.

3 Likes

I love it, you can do this on so many sites that have a popup.
I use it on those nasty articles sites with popups ;-(

Great share! :stuck_out_tongue:
I hope they don’t see it and fix it hahaha

4 Likes

They fixed the older way i had found with cookies :smiley:

1 Like

Gotta love Chrome DevTools!

Such a handy tool for discovering useful information under the hood and supporting + levelling-up exploratory testing efforts.

3 Likes

I actually do not know why they are called Dev Tools. It should be called Test goodybag

2 Likes

what do you use to edit your videos @restertest ? You want to run the ‘normalise’ function if it has one, or use audacity to boost the audio by at least 3dB , even 4dB.

1 Like

@conrad.connected - I just use a tool that I use to also make screenshots with but I think I know what you are referings too. Thank you for the feedback

1 Like

Love it. It totally should. I think it would work well in conversation.

“I’m just gonna open up the TestGoodyBag and see what treats I can find!” :candy:

1 Like

Yeah, sorry to only give this so late. I felt I did not really know who you are until recently, and I’m not wanting to get all techno with people about sound, since it’s not everyone’s bag to do sound. Most of us hate listening to our own voices. I should do a tutorial on making sound easy sometime. It’s not hard to do good sound. The best podcast on my podcatcher is produced by a guy with only one ear, which proves it’s within everyone’s reach. I also appreciate your videos, because you put more work into them than most people, and it does show.

2 Likes

@conrad.connected - Thank you for the feedback. I wanted to change the tool i used for creating and editing a long time ago. Will try somenthing out and hopefully have better videos in the future in both sound and effect. I would like to also make better videos what content is concerned but it is hard to know what people would really want to see and especially what people want to see that I can show then :slight_smile:

I suspect your videos work so well, because they are a bit like blogging or tweets. Shorter and simpler has always done well for clips, and nothing stops you setting up a playlist or two of the great ones.

1 Like