What tool can I use to automate both my web app and iOS app?

Can anyone suggest me approach how to proceed if I want to automate both my web app and iOS app in one project? Given that, I do not have to automate any browser on iOS app, but it is an app in itself.

How can I build automation for both web application and iOS application in one project, using which language and tool?

There are syncing mechanisms that if data is inserted on web app, they need to get synced on mobile app and vice versa.

1 Like

depends a lot on what the ios app was written in Jetpack? or other? And on what F/W the web app is rendering in - is the mobile app hybrid or native for example is more important to know? And then of course why only iOS? or does that tie into the hybrid app question.

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

Well, the iOS app is a native one.

I would try a few different engines and aim to verify the actual constraints you have do not cause problems, for example do you want to use a cloud test platform who will host the phones and browsers for you, or do you want to just buy a bank of phones and plug them into a mac-mini? I would be sure to carve out some time to experiment with test engines and then some time to work out if you want to go cloud-hosted or not later on. Moving later might cost you a test code re-write. Is the web app similar functionality to the ios app, in other words, will Android users just use a browser? Or is the use-case a desktop browser?