30 Days of API Testing Day 3: Begin Reading an API Testing Related Book

I have just gone through Table Of Contents of the book ā€œAutomating and Testing a REST APIā€ by Alan Richardson. From my perspective, this is a great book for those who wish to master API testing, there are many interesting things in the book such as interacting with the API from the command line, sending API requests through an HTTP Proxy, Automating the API with Java using REST Assured and case studies, etc. But this is not a suitable book for beginners.

I started working with API last year, the tool I have been using is Postman and also working with JavaScript to develop API scripts so I would suggest the Postman docs and a Postman online course postman-tutorial.

8 Likes

Yes, ā€œAutomating and Testing a REST APIā€ is a cool book, hope that you will have some useful topic sharing with us after being read.

5 Likes

Thank for sharing. Iā€™m reading ā€œUndisturbed RESTā€ also.

3 Likes

Thanks all for the sharing. Iā€™ve just started to read Automating and Testing a REST API by Alan Richardson.

3 Likes

Iā€™m reading book Automating and Testing a REST API by Alan Richardson and https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/overview/#authentication-and-authorization to get example about REST API testing

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I decide to begin reading book ā€œAutomating and Testing a REST APIā€ by Alan Richardson. Thanks again for your meaningful and useful suggestions and reviews.

3 Likes

Thanks Heather for the suggestion. Iā€™m reading it now. :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks @heather_reid. Definitely give it a try!

4 Likes

I have started reading the first chapter of ā€œAutomating and Testing a REST APIā€ by Alan Richardson.I hope I will finish reading it.

4 Likes

Thank you so much, Duong. I searched your book ā€œUndisturbed RESTā€ and found the pdf file. I scanned some chapters. It is easy for me to understand. I will read it (y)

5 Likes

Thank you for your sharing @heather_reid. Itā€™s really the great book we should read if we want to become an API Testers. I have been reading an excerpt from this book and I think I will buy the full version soon. Anyone can try the free sample on https://leanpub.com/testrestapi. Enjoy reading!

4 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation, Thatā€™s really help to learn the API testing,

After going through all comments I also decided to start reading the ā€œAutomating and Testing a REST APIā€ book. Thank you all for your recommendation.

5 Likes

Thanks @heather_reid for your recommendation. I went through the tablet of content and I think itā€™s great for the beginner like me. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thanks. I really enjoyed this book and it is really a good fit for beginners like me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found this free pdf useful:
link:
Test Design and Automation for REST API Ivan Katunou

1 Like

I have finally found time to begin this book and work thru the example. Iā€™m currently very stuck on finding the VM preloaded with Tracks from the referenced url. Has anyone done this and if so can you point me in the right direction? Tyia!

Iā€™ve just started to read Automating and Testing a REST API by Alan Richardson.

1 Like

This is actually a book that I have in my computer but never got to read. Will try to do it during this challenge. By the way did you read Selenium Simplified, Alan Richardson also wrote that. Nice book :slight_smile:

1 Like

I havenā€™t read Selenium Simplified actually. Thanks for the recommendation :grin: