30 Days of API Testing Day 8: Explore the API thread on The Club and contribute to the conversation

30 Days of API Testing Day 8 challenge is:

Explore the API thread on The Club and contribute to the conversation

I posted a question about Tools use to discover what API calls our applications are making. Please help to answer.

2 Likes

We usually implement swagger-ui for our api’s.
So whenever I receive API end point to test/explore, I used to append “swagger-ui.html” like below

http://payment-quote-dev.dev.cf.private.webexample.com/swagger-ui.html (example internal url).

So by using Swagger-ui we use to discover what are the calls our api supports/open for.

But if we want to discover what API calls our applications are making, we can either see Network routing logs if we have access.

OR

we can use CA service virtualisation tools “https://www.ca.com/us/products/excuse-free-testing/restful-api-test.html”
which will help us to do 1. Capture the conversations/calls 2.Process the Captured Conversation 3. Create a Useable Model for testing.

3 Likes

I contributed to @oceannguyen’s thread above with a question of my own. If my tool does what I think it does, then it satisfies day 9 as well. :grinning: Otherwise, I have to look for something else.

1 Like

Thank you a lot, @nagesh.joy . I have just looked swagger-ui, it is really an useful tool, I will investigate more about it.

2 Likes

Yeah, @dkotschessa, you are correct. Let’s start day 9 challenge :smile:

2 Likes

I has contributed the thread with a question - Can statistic service be integrated in API? If somebody has any experience in this question, please, share your thoughts.

@conorfi tweeted for today:

1 Like

I am interested in the API threat on The Club below then added comment to the post.

Advice on assertions to make when creating an API testing framework

4 Likes

#30DaysofAPITesting Day 08: Explore the API thread on The Club and contribute to the conversations. #testing

1 Like

I took an easy option…

1 Like

I research and answer at topic Can statistic service be integrated in API?

2 Likes

I’ve shared about my favorite automation tool in What API automation testing tool you use and Why?

3 Likes

I’ve contributed the “Need to learn SoapUI” thread with a recommendation about guru99:

I posted my question in API testing thread: