30 Days of Security Testing

A place to share your blog post on the topics, related articles, or just generally chat about the challenges themselves! How have you progressed this month? Have you learnt new things?

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
Background: before this challange I never did any kind of security testing
All my learnings I collected in my blog. Here is the link to current one: https://testretreat.com/2017/02/20/12of30days-security-testing/

What did you learn? And what will you put on your list for new projects?

Kristine

1 Like

We try it as a shared test group (voluntary) activity. We meet weekly online (DK and PH staff). In the meeting we pick 4-5 items from the list, and dig into that within about an hour. I then write a summary mail to the whole group ~20 people summarizing what we have learn wrt. terms and tools.

1 Like

I’m actually keen to hear this, I did a security testing workshop a few years ago and utterly loved it. It was with Bill & Dan and I found it fascinating. Sadly didn’t get much time to use it before my roles changed. Have to go have a read. What has been your favourite challenge so far?

Has it worked well as a group? That’s good of you to write it up so you have the information for future reference. Do you post it in a blog too or just the email? If not you should do a wee round up to share how you’ve gotten on.

[quote=“mcgovernaine, post:5, topic:98”]
you should do a wee round up
[/quote] will do a wee dram when done :wink:

The frame is an online meeting,initially for about 10 people. Usually we are 2-4 people, still enough to do some digging around. Timeboxed. We agree on 3-5 items and take them one by one. Come to think of it, the lean coffe format could be usefull too.

There aren’t really other internal comunication channels besides e-mail :roll_eyes:

Do you have a blog you could post to? Or a shared space? Maybe you just give us a round up here?

@jesper, @mcgovernaine , I would LOVE to greet guest posts on testretreat.com about security challenge.

2 Likes

done :smiley:

3 Likes