AI Driven Tests Using TestRigor

Is anyone using TestRigor or other “AI” enabled test automation tools?

TestRigor claims to be a new generation of tool which is driven by natural language and machine learning without all the usual Xpath or CSS rubbish, or even any BDD code.

For example (full “code” for google search)

open url "https://google.com"
enter "Foorbar" into "Search" 
click "Google Search"

No Object Mapper, Repo or Page Objects. Works whether “Google Search” is a html button, web component, div or image. As long as it looks like a button.

My Question is, has anyone had experience with testrigor or familiar with other tools that do that same thing.
I see test.im and mabl, but they appear to be working in a very different way the self healing mechanism that has become popular.

1 Like

The question I ask myself is, is it really AI or just some algorithm or some machine learning behind the scenes?
I haven’t used any yet myself :frowning:

Well there is natural language processing and machine learning (image classification).
You say things like click “vote” checkbox in middle of page. It understands what middle of page means and looks at the rendered version of the page (screen shot) for things that look like checkboxs and have a near by label using OCR This solves the common issue of floating labels.

So the AI is doing what test rigor call “common sense”, it understands what you are asking for, and interprets it like a person and uses visual perception to find controls you asked for.

This is different to other tools which act on the dom or use fuzzy image matching.

Sounded a bit like magic to me too, but appears to work as advertisied.

1 Like

I have also tried a tool called Autonomiq having a very similar approach, you could have a look.

I have a doubt about this kind of tool, I saw that usually you can’t perform sophisticated steps like sending SQL query in a database or something like this.

1 Like

Yes I share your concern, but in this case it can do sql, make api requests, check emails and even make phone calls.
But I do wonder about what happens when you get to the limit of what’s provided. It do does sound inherently unextendable.

1 Like

That’s the problem with most of tools provided by private companies, especially small ones. If you get a problem or if you realize one day that you need a feature, you have to rely on the company’s capacity to fix/develop the feature.
In the case of Autonomiq I talked a lot with the team and they were able to fix some stuff and listen to us for new features, but I don’t know if all the companies do like this.

1 Like

@enrico_gua
The main idea of testRigor main idea is to allow people to save time on both test creation and test maintenance mostly by allowing you to express all steps purely from end-user’s perspective instead of relying on details of implementation as people usually do with other tools.
Unfortunately, Anonomiq doesn’t solve the maintenance problem since it simply dumps the tests into Selenium.
We also a superset of Selenium and Appium in terms of functionality, pretty much anything you can think of is either there or you can add it yourself.

We take all of our customers very seriously, not only our roadmap is 100% defined by our customers but also we support them through Slack and MS Teams to help them in case they run into any challenges immediately.

Happy to show a meeting to chat through our support approach and how the system work.

1 Like