I’m always looking for new TV shows to watch. What’s everyone’s favourite? (All suggestions will be added to my watchlist. Be kind!)
Really hard to decide, but here’s my list of forever-rewatched shows:
- Parks and Rec
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Schitt’s Creek
- I’ll Have What Phil’s Having or Somebody Feed Phil (if you like travel/food)
- Westworld (thanks @thatdamnqa for the reminder!)
- Firefly (thanks to @darth_piriteze for the reminder!)
And for guilty pleasures, some reality TV:
- RuPaul’s Drag Race
- Sarah Beeny’s Selling Houses (lol really)
Mine are equally hard, but I really liked:
- Parks and Rec
- 30 Rock
- West Wing
oh my gosh how could I forget Westworld!!!
Parks and Rec
The Good Place
I’m big into Fargo - all three series have been brilliant
Pretentious recommendations coming through!
- The Wire
- The Prisoner
- Charlie Brooker’s Screenwipe (this is actually really hard to get hold of but someone uploaded a load of them to youtube)
- Adventure Time
- Twin Peaks
- The Simpsons (seasons 2-10 only)
- The Day Today / Brasseye
- Knowing Me Knowing You / I’m Alan Partridge
- Garth Merenghi’s Darkplace
- The Thick of It
- Only Connect
Not the all time best, but Halt and Catch Fire does a pretty good job of telling a story set during the evolution of tech in the early 80s to mid 90s. Strong characters, great story telling, great soundtrack.
- The Prisoner( 60’s not the remake)
- Hill St Blues
- Babylon 5
- Battlestar Galactica remake ( not a great fan of the destination but the ride getting there was great)
- Part’s unknown
- mind of a chef
Not for all:
In no particular order: Babylon 5, Firefly, Fargo, Boardwalk Empire, GoT, The Walking Dead, to name but a few. Oh, and honourable mentions to some stream only shows: Stranger Things, Happy and Man in The High Castle and Preacher all work for me.
oh man how could I forget Firefly in my list?!?!?! Need to watch it again!
Nice to see so many rating Babylon 5 and The Prisoner (Patrick McGoohan). Here’s a couple of outliers: Yes, Minister (despite being very dated, it still remains one of the best things for understanding just how British government works!) and - a real blast from the past here - Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show). Yes, it dates from the 1950s, yes, it’s only made in black & white, but it is still great comedy and Phil Silvers’ delivery and inventiveness never fails. Best episodes: “Bilko rents a store”, “Bilko gets some sleep” and “The Secret World of Sgt. Bilko”.
- Sherlock (The one with Benedict Cumberbatch)
- Designated Survivor
- Mr Robot
- The Man In The High Castle
- No Offence (Channel 4 I think)
Easy watching/guilty pleasure stuff:
- Gilmore Girls
- Escape to the Chateau
Preacher is legit, I need to watch the new season!
Other comic-y stuff:
Legion is weird and great
Riverdale is trashy and I adore it
Surprised no-one’s mentioned Father Ted yet…
Ah, go on, go on, go on .
After your earlier comment, I’ve got a real urge to go on and watch “Bilko rents a store”!
Utopia (Australian Comedy)
Barry (Black comedy about a Hitman trying to become an Actor)
Lost in space (new Release)
The man in highcastle
X-Files. Re-boot. One of the last shows in the season deals with problems in regards AI. How the linking of devices with personal preferences via social media, thoughts and actions along with failing to leave a review of a restaurant can effect your connected and in connected life.
I’m partial to Perry Mason (in black and white), and Bones. Both have aspects of testing skills that appeal to me.