Any Suggestion For QA portfolio

How QA portfolio will be, I searched on multiple websites but I didnโ€™t find any proper solution. How the portfolio looks like and what are the things we need to include in it?

2 Likes

It is more demanding for us than it is for designers and developers - they just put work samples of apps they designed and developed, and for us testers we need to get a bit more creative:

1. If you have your own blog, or write articles for others you can showcase those on your portfolio

2. Any public speaking activities you should display as well, such as meetups, conferences, workshops, etc. Also, if you are a volunteer or a member of any testing communities Iโ€™d show that too.

3. If you know automation, or are learning it, you can include links for GitHub repositories with your automation code - just try to add a bit of variation, do some UI, and some API automation, and play around with different frameworks to demonstrate that you are a keen learner.

4. You can get even more original and add samples of how you perform regular QA tasks, a sample of a test plan youโ€™d create, a showcase of a bug report by you, a sample test case/scenario, an exploratory testing charter, and the like.

Here is my attempt at a QA portfolio.

6 Likes

Great question, @noraiz.

Perhaps some of the discussions on these might help:

And this one has recent examples too:

Note at some point the Ministry of Testing platform will make it easy for folks to create their own shareable portfolio. One to watch. :eyes:

2 Likes

@noraiz - Here is an older article of Angie Jones on this topic

Also in case you need test sites check the below playlist. It has somenthing for all

4 Likes

That just reminded me, Beth Marshall had an article on that topic too:

5 Likes

This was the first thing I thought of too! Snap

1 Like

This did give me an idea for a short blog post! :smiley:

2 Likes

And itโ€™s an excellent post, @mirza. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Appreciate this Mirza! Iโ€™m doing a talk for a large internal community this week on this topic, so nice to know there is community interest too.

Iโ€™ll definitely be signposting attendees to your portfolio, its awesome!!

2 Likes

Thanks, Beth, there is definitely a whole lot of interest for this topic in the testing community!

2 Likes