Automating Visual Testing - Katalon and Applitools?

Hi there,

Just a quickie - has anybody out there ever been able to leverage the combination of Katalon and Applitools for Visual regression testing?

I have got my Katalon Test Case working which takes a screenshot and stores it to a location on my hard drive with a unique time stamped filename.

But I am stuck on how to automate image comparison of the equivalent URL screenshots between our QA and Production environments.

If anybody out there has got a similar setup to work, I would be most grateful for any steps to implement or pointers/tutorials for this specific combo.

Thanks!

I found this tutorial on Applitools Eyes.

How Dow Jones does Automated Visual UI Testing at Scale

May I ask, is anybody else using it with Katalon?

Thanks!

I think Applitools now offers a plugin for integration with Katalon

“AI powered end-to-end visual testing with Applitools. Available starting Katalon Studio 6.1.2.”

May I ask, is anybody using this?

https://store.katalon.com/product/44/Applitools-Integration#overview-content

hey Wayne, please advise more about what you are trying to accomplish with Applitools? Are you trying to compare your QA environment with your Production? Are there any actions done prior taking the screenshots?

1 Like

Thanks for for reply Yuri and sorry for the delay in response - I need to look into my notification settings for this site.

I am relatively new to automation but my initial idea was that, as we were taking png snapshots of pages within our Production site, we could then programmatically compare these baseline images with their equivalents in our Dev / QA / Staging environments.

We are still building up the collection of automation scripts which gather the baseline images as there are about 220 pages all of which have different states and forms (big job!) so perhaps I may come back to you in the future when these foundations are more complete.

Many thanks!

Wayne

Hi, Wayne!

If it is still actual for you try our tool Eye QAProvider - tool for visual regression testing. Use promo code QAPROVIDERTRIAL to get more runs for free.
If this tool is not cover some of your needs just send us a message and we will do this for you.

We use this tool every day with 3 of our clients, it covers fully all our needs and we improve it every day.

Regards,
Max QAProvider