Bloggers Club January 2021 - Managing and achieving goals

This month, I thought it might be interesting for people to write a blog about

Managing and achieving goals

Many of us set monthly or yearly resolutions/goals but how we manage them and approach achieving them surely differs. Perhaps there are some tips we can learn from you to apply to our own goal setting :grin:

The blog can be as short or as long as you want it to be.

How to get involved?

• Write a blog on the above topic before February 1st :writing_hand:
  • Share a link to the blog here :eyes:
  • Receive lots of love from the community :heart:
  • Maybe even get a shout out from the Ministry of Testing Twitter account :wink:
11 Likes

You may think this is a little bit of a stretch, but I wrote a blog about how important is sustainability in achieving things in life: Cycle everything: why waste does not exist - Where parallels cross
Hope it gives you insights for your resolutions!

6 Likes

From your blog Andrea Andrea “A major clash between economics and ecology derives from the fact that nature is cyclical, whereas our industrial systems are linear”.
For me this rang true as the cause behind our fascination as humans with work. Work itself is defined as manual labor, but with the advent of agriculture, work stopped being that which you do to feed yourself alone. It became the planning required to plant crops at the right time, something nomads never had to do. They never had to work more than 15 hours a week for food, suddenly agriculture changed all that. Work is manual? Well the domestic stuff you do like cleaning, cooking, looking after children, that is not “work”, why, well because you don’t get paid for it. Work needs to be sustainable. the Pandemic in 2020 instantly proved that what a lot of people did and thought was “work”, was actually just pedaling at the hamster-wheel. Nice blog Andrea.

5 Likes

Hey, I’ve had a go at this:

9 Likes

I gave it a go!
(The site is very new so a little sparse in content!)

6 Likes

I have been attempting to write this since last weekend and it was my goal for today so voila:

I think it covers the brief :smiley:

8 Likes

Hi all ! I wrote this one to join the challenge FOCUS and you will get there. Managing and achieving goals | by Tammy Torres | Dev Genius | Jan, 2021 | Medium

7 Likes

Loving all of these blogs :heart_eyes:

An excellent way to feel inspired in how to achieve goals :muscle:

4 Likes

Published my blog today! Some really great entries above - thanks everyone!

7 Likes

Here’s mine:

Thanks!

7 Likes

Really great posts from everyone! I enjoyed reading them!

Here is my entry :slight_smile: https://www.mariedrake.com/post/managing-and-achieving-goals

7 Likes

Ah that’s a good choice of topic ! Loved the ideas that people are sharing, I did it a go as well Managing and achieving goals – Rafaela Azevedo

8 Likes

That’s a good theme @rafazzevedo - it definitely takes a lot of goal management to be blogging for so many years. I’m only 9 years in… having a backlog of ideas and then setting time a side are probably my tricks.

3 Likes

Great posts for this topic. High standard as usual. I particularly liked seeing the different models, and people use them. Some good food for thought.

This is my IOU for a blog post. I’m a bit fatigued with writing this week. For now have some wise words from Halo Reach.

3 Likes

Made it just in time! :smiley:
New blog post - Goals Unachieved

6 Likes

I love your drawing style @jamesespie

Goal achieved:

http://peetronics.com/ACommitmentToYourself.html

5 Likes

Thanks @pmichielsen!!

1 Like

Hello all, I just wrote my first blog post in several months. This is on the whole Gamestop short squeeze that has been all over the news, the effect of subreddits like r/wallstreetbets and what lessons software testers and developers can take from this.

2 Likes

Sneaking this in at the 11th hour. A rainy Sunday was all I needed it seems.

5 Likes