Bloggers Club May 2022 - In Testing, I have changed my mind about…

Hey! :wave:

This month I challenge you to write about:

In testing, I have changed my mind about ________

As we discover discover new information and learn, we may find ourselves changing our mind; changing opinion on certain matters.

I’m keen to read what you have changed your mind about, and why :nerd_face:

Feel free to share a story if you please.

How to get involved

• Write a blog on the above topic any time in April , by the 31st :writing_hand:
  • It can be as long or as short as you want it to be
  • Share a link to the blog on this thread :eyes:
  • Receive lots of support, encouragement, and love from the community :heart:
  • It’s possible you’ll get a shout out from the Ministry of Testing Twitter account @simon_tomes :grinning:
  • I’ll also help promote from my Twitter account :nerd_face:
  • If you want to get reminders to submit your blog, RSVP below

2022-04-30T22:00:00Z2022-05-30T22:00:00Z

4 Likes

I find it easier to write such things on Twitter / social media in general. It this also accepted? Is there an initial tweet to relate to? (If not: how about doing so?)
I guess not everyone has a blog. I’m working on one, but it’s not fully ready so far.

2 Likes

You can write and publish articles directly on LinkedIn, this is what I did before I created my blog. The link for the article can be shared here and on twitter. This gives you more space to discuss your ideas than you would get for a twitter tweet.

3 Likes

That’s an excellent idea, Louise!

And if it’s not on your radar, @sebastian_solidwork check out https://typefully.com/ if you’d prefer to easily share a longform-ish threaded post of your thoughts on Twitter.

2 Likes

I’m not yet on LinkedIn …

So it’s basically fine to write a Twitter thread and link it here?
This is currently my preferred way to create a blog post / article.

3 Likes

Feel free to just go for it, @sebastian_solidwork. :+1:t2:

Nicola is doing a fantastic job of sparking ideas and opportunities to write (create) in whatever format works for anyone who’d like to participate.

3 Likes

This blog post has 13 references to some of my previous blog posts. Where have I changed my mind the most? :wink:

6 Likes

Here’s the link to the original tweet if you would rather reply through tweets here

3 Likes

Nice! Thanks.
Exactly what I was looking for. I should have looked at your Twitter profile …

2 Likes

In testing, I changed my mind about - testing! I wrote something similar to this topic a while ago:

If I manage to find some time I’ll try to write another blog on this.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - the requirements one, In particular, was one I could relate to.

2 Likes

When people describe the environment you have been in before, I’m not surprised why people leave testing to be honest eh.

2 Likes

I have changed my mind about…Test Plans and Test Documentation. When I started as a tester I learned that test documentation, such as test plans, needed to gain approval from the Director… I have changed my mind about documentation

5 Likes

Good one Mike! I haven’t changed my mind on test documents - I always found them wasteful :laughing: :smiley:

3 Likes