Connecting with JGiven Enthusiasts: Sharing Insights and Innovations

Hi everyone!

I’m new to the Ministry of Testing and have been meaning to join for some time. Today, I’ve been on a mission to connect with fellow adopters of the JGiven BDD framework. I’ve been working with JGiven for several years now and absolutely adore it. Over time, I’ve continually refined how I convey behaviours in my tests, consciously moving away from surfacing implementation details in the test language. I’ve also been optimising how I manage test data and other prerequisites in a maintainable and scalable way.

The article here: Testing Camunda business scenarios with JGiven provides a nice introduction to JGiven. I added a comment to the post this morning, offering a glimpse into my approach and adaptations.

Are there any other JGiven users in this group? I’d love to share ideas and experiences – looking forward to learning and contributing to this community!

1 Like

In 2018 I wrote a serie of blog posts how TDD, Test Driven Development, and BDD were combined. The first blog post is

BDD is mentioned in parts 3 and 4.

2 Likes

Hi @han_toan_lim thanks for passing those details on. I’ll study the posts over the weekend and share any provoked thoughts. Thank you.