Could we take the concept of using a simulator to understand the viability of a business case for a customer and use it for software? Say a mobile app?

During @irja (Irja Straus) Live Q&A at TestBash Autumn, following her talk ‘Testing Autonomous Beasts: With Great Value Comes Great Responsibility’, @fullsnacktester (Ben Dowen) asked the following question we didn’t get to answer live:

Could we take the concept of using a simulator to understand the viability of a business case for a customer and use it for software? Say a mobile app?

What do you think?

1 Like

Look forward to catching up later on some of this, ever too busy to attend events these days. Even pieces of paper are a good simulator for showing if a use case works. I remember my first piece of proper software used clear overhead slide transparency sheets in a flip-file, to show UI layouts and overlays and navigation as a way to speed up coding of implementation. So sure simulations are really great if you limit your exploration to what a simulation can do.
When it comes to mobile, I find they fall flat because people just don’t have shared or typical mobile usage patterns. But really keen to understand how other people have used simulations of other kinds.

2 Likes