Debunking Accessibility Testing Myths

I saw @marie.drake share a really interesting blog post last week that I wanted to chat about some more on here.

I was wondering if anyone has any other accessibility testing myths to share? Or have you tried/plan to try some of Maries suggestions in your own workplace?

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this. I am going to try some of her ideas, as I have heard from testers on my team that it is has been very stressful to learn DA testing, as it is unlike anything else they have done, and the expectation was added after the project was underway. It previously hadn’t been an expectation… While no one questions the need, and value to end users, they are absolutely stressed by it. It has been a steep learning curve, with PMs, and programmers who also knew nothing having some unrealistic expectations. I am curious if BAs play any role in determining the user scenarios in other organizations? It has all fallen on the QA team, as no one else on the project team has any idea at all.

2 Likes

I’ve honestly never had a BA on my team during my testing career so I worked with the developers and product owner to create and refine user stories.