Document Comparision toll sugestions

Hi Everyone,

I have to perform document comparisons (document or PDF) for different products.

The comparison has to be performed with the reference document and highlight changes, and if the changes are good we need to bless them to update the reference document.

Please suggest the best tools for document comparison.

1 Like

Hello @navichandu :wave:
you might find these tools useful-

~ Diffchecker - For text based comparisons. You can paste/upload documents.
~ Adobe Acrobat Pro - Ideal for PDF comparisons.
~ Beyond compare - for files & folder.
~ Meld - for visual diff & merge.

Microsoft Wordโ€™s Track Changes - Itโ€™s a standard feature for document comparison, allowing you to track and accept/reject changes.

2 Likes

+1 for BeyondCompare.

1 Like

are we talking layout comparisons or the actual metadata change comparisons here? And are we talking manual or automated?

I am looking for metadata comparison. I am looking for automated tool and in case of any differences verify and update the reference document.

ok so itโ€™s the โ€œgolden imageโ€ problem where a report should show the changes and allow a human to select a fresh golden image copy of the file.

You might be better off cracking open the file with a tool that removes things like timestamps and other generator data and compression artefacting that you now you do not care about and then only compare what is left over. We did this once long ago to compare binaries by removing the bits we knew were generation-time and then comparing what was left over as binary. Fiddly, but usually simple python scripting is enough.

2 Likes

As Conrad noted, Python is likely your friend. Python has a library for everything :smiley:

2 Likes