First Thoughts on a System of Profound Testing

Please let me know your thoughts on this

2 Likes

As succinct and clear an explanation, far better than my own words, as to why I never want to become a team leader or manager.

As for applying that to software quality, well it’s a hop, skip and a jump. On only 3 occasions ever have I worked with a manager who did not chaos manage, but had deep knowledge, not just of the leadership system, but of it’s behavior. When it comes to communicating what we see in buggy software systems, much like in sick management systems, a lack of shared vision and shared goal pervades both ailments. Being unable to gently point out the disease in our testing approaches in ways that allows eager experimentation and quick remedy is my key takeaway.

1 Like

Thank you for your thoughts. The System of Profound Knowledge can give you the tools to be a leader. It can help you be like the manager you had who had deep knowledge.

1 Like

I had an interesting response on Mastodon from John Hunter. I have learned that I am not the first person to suggest using the System of Profound Knowledge in this way. John Hunter wrote this about the System of Profound Knowledge and software development: Deming and Software Development | Curious Cat Management Improvement Blog . John Hunter has an interesting cv: A quick overview of the professional life of John Hunter . He has also interviewed a software tester: Testing Smarter with Alan Page - Hexawise Blog . You can follow him on Mastodon: @curiouscat@fosstodon.org

1 Like

it’s difficult to give any feedback without a deeper reference.

@nilanjanb What deeper reference would you like? Please tell me what additional information I can give you that will help you

A good way to find out more about the System of Profound Knowledge is to sign up for a free account on DemingNext and use the resources there: DemingNEXT™ - The W. Edwards Deming Institute

The link provided to SoPK is very high level. Is there anything with more content?

@nilanjanb I hope that these points are helpful: