Have you noticed a shift in your biases?

Have you noticed a shift in your biases since working from remotely? Are you more critical of certain things?

Also, if you’ve returned to working in an office environment, they stayed?

There have definitely been a few changes but whether I’d class them as biases I’m not sure.
I still wander up to peoples desks for a chat (via messages etc.) but double check what I want to say.
I wouldn’t say I’m more critical of things working remotely but again I will think carefully about the wording to ask questions than if I was face to face.
I polish things before requesting feedback more than before so you could say that might be impostor syndrome?

I’ve noticed similar behaviour in myself. I’m less likely to share random thoughts and ideas, in person I think I used to just blurt things out, I don’t do that as much anymore - maybe it is impostor syndrome, or unsure of other folks reaction as we’re not as able to read body language? It’s an interesting thought.

We’ve started using gather which has sparked a few interesting chats - I wander over to Diana’s desk the other day to catch up about one thing and we ended up chatting about something entirely different and came up with a new plan for something. It was nice to have those chats again.

Same behavior here! Especially written wording with vocal explanation can sometimes come off weird or harsh I’ve noticed.

I do have to add that I’m less socially-chatting when doing stuff remote and way more direct and efficient. I often lead with my question and add in afterwards “Hey, how are you doing?*” :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway we are still working from remotely but someday i went office i could see the following differences

1. When answering the question face to face and other communication channels are difference . I think face to face more genuine when compare to using communication channel
  2. When we have the stand up we could realize the other team members situation when looking the face.
  3. Working in office environment feel more feel more socialized.