How can I be a Full stack Software Test Engineer?

Hi,

I want to improve myself every type of test. Where should I start? Are there any tutorials you can recommend or training path I can follow?

PS; I have been working as a manuel test engineer in a company for 3 years. I have been working sometimes automation and performance test but this process just happen in customer needs

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Eren.
To me it feels like learn all the things is a pretty big task so personally I’d look at it differently.
Maybe look to create a backlog of areas you are interested in. Decide how to prioritise them using whatever makes most sense in your situation. When you have your subject, do some general reading, look for talks (on MoT or elsewhere). Find some courses if that makes sense.
Hope that helps a little and good luck on your journey.

3 Likes

Welcome to the MoT Forums @ygneren

This might take a while! :smiley:

I would advise you to do it 1 by 1, don’t adopt multiple things at the same time.

My first question is:

• So what do you see as a Full Stack Software Test Engineer?

I see it as a person, who does manual testing, test automation ( on UI & API), performance testing and on the side does training of juniors/other QA and Coaching on QA-ers.

He should also have knowledge of other QA-related things such as

• Agile principles
  • Unit testing & Mutation testing
  • Chaos Engineering
  • Security & Security Awareness
  • AI & Machine Learning
  • Docker
  • Kubernetes
  • Pipeline Management (DevOps)
  • …

So this sort of depends on where you’d want to start.
There are several online platforms like

Normally I would write down google.com but also, and this is one of my favorites lately: https://chat.openai.com/ Have a conversation with him on what you’ll like to do and he’ll advise you some good stuff!

Please share your results here also! It might be helpful for others in the future.

3 Likes