How to pass ISTQB Foundation Certification?

Hello

I need your advice on how to pass the ISTQB foundation level exam any have resources to follow share with me.

Hello Priyank

You should have received some materials in your training pack. It is really important that you take the time to study them. You can also look into example questions which they provide - a quick Google search of “ISTQB foundation past papers” brings up a few.

Best of luck :slightly_smiling_face:

Faith

1 Like

I was lucky enough to be sent on a course to learn the ISTQB syllabus and take the exam. My course was 3 days long, with the exam on the afternoon of the final day.

I don’t know if you’ll be given this luxury but I will tell you what my experience on this was like. I think taking a course is a good way to learn what you need to learn.

Being on a course meant there were other people to discuss the course with. We did practice exam questions and completed learning activities together and discussed the answers. This really helped me understand topics I’d struggled with before. There were only 3 of us, so the teacher was able to spend extra time on specific topics that we were struggling with.

I did the course in Manchester, so was staying in a hotel during this time. Some had to travel there each day which affected their ability to study. My hotel was quiet so I was able to study in the hotel lobby with few distractions. I studied each night so I was ready for the exam on the 3rd day. The 3rd day was dedicated to revision so we were ready for the exam. Out of the other 2 people, I don’t know how many passed but I passed first time.

I’ve found that if you take the exam as soon as possible after the course, then everything is still fresh in your mind and you’re more likely to pass. This was certainly the case when I did the ISTQB Agile Tester Extension course. This time the exam was a week after the course.

To sum up, a course is recommended as it allows you to discuss with other people. Take the exam as soon as possible after the course, and complete as many practice questions as possible.

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll ace it.

1 Like

I heard that “don’t do any testing and just learn from ISTQB, the you can pass the exam because you haven’t had any other thinkings about testing in yourself.”

I took the advice, passed my ISTQB before I started to pursue in testing profession.

Years later, I doubt myself. I would probably fail merisably if I do it again since I got more exposures now in testing.

Hope this helps you with your decision in some ways

1 Like

I’m taking the ISTQB Foundation Course/Exam combination in April and I really want to pass it, so my prep has been to buy a copy of the BCS Study Guide and to spend time each morning quietly working through it with a pencil. The first full reading took 2 weeks, but the second has only taken 1. I just scraped through the mock exam at the back of the guide, and the aim is to get a higher score after each subsequent reading. How it all hangs together is really becoming clear now. In many ways, it reminds me of the Open University foundation courses I’ve taken, which are designed to bring you up to a certain level of understanding to then tackle more advanced courses.

By the way, there’s a mistake in the current edition of the Study Guide on page 160. The first number mentioned should be a 3 instead of a 1. Does anyone have any idea where to report this?

1 Like

http://tryqa.com/istqb-dumps-download-mock-tests-and-sample-question-papers/ was a saviour for me.
So many mock exams to have a go at. Sometimes the Answers provided are incorrect, so use your head. If you think you’re right, go with it. I was barely achieving the pass mark in some of these papers according to their correct answers, but I manged to pass with flying colours. I just used the syllabus + these mock exams for study. Good Luck.