What do you wish software testing was? We asked on Twitter to get some ideas flowing…
- was thought of more often - MOOC teachers, at least introduce the concept in your classes!
- was as easy as saying “Hey Siri, test my app”
- was easy
- wasn’t thought of as cheap and easy
- wasn’t an afterthought
- could find all the bugs
- was understood by most of the companies and people who are called testers
- was taking seriously by the companies so it would provide a better understanding of the products behaviour
- wasn’t called Quality Assurance by some
- and testers are given due respect like developers
- was understood as being as integral to developing and releasing software as writing code
- was not seen as the enemy
- Or as a “blocker” for release
- was taught as a career path at universities…or just in general, be a part of the curriculum
- Was celebrated/credited on a successful release and not only pointed out on missed bugs in release. Testing should not be considered as thankless job.
What do you have to add to the list?