Katalon Studio: What is Your Experience with This Tool?

(Heather) #1

I read a blog post this weekend titled “Tool review: Katalon Studio”

Given our recent 30 Days of API Testing challenge, I was wondering if anyone had a review of your own experience with this testing tool?

Are there any things you would warn other software testers or QA folk about it? Do you have advice on the best situation to use Katalon in? Situations you would advise it not be used in? Anything that might help people in their evaluation of whether or not to use this tool :slight_smile:

(tam nguyen) #2

Katalon has been developed by KMS Technology, for automate both UI and API. Anyone can use Katalon easily without scripting skills. However, if you want to be advanced, you should add more code as possible. In particularly, Katalon has been integrated with Jira and qTest. And they also have a community for share the way and troubleshoot with Katalon also.

(Hanan Ur Rehman) #3

Katalon struggles the most with drop downs

(Morgan) #4

We’ve been using this tool for a few months now to assess it’s functionality and determine if it will work for our needs. So far, we’ve been quite impressed that it’s free - the functionality rivals what I’ve used previously in paid tools, it’s easy for someone with limited scripting knowledge to learn and has the flexibility to be more complex, should you wish to. The community (forum) is very active and they update it frequently with bug fixes and enhancements. I agree with the author of the article you shared that the report output isn’t the best - my guess is this is an item they’ll enhance in the future. Also the UI (dropdowns) can be a little clunky to use. I love that it can both API testing and UI integration which fills a need for us.

So far, I’ve been impressed with it’s capabilities and potential but will update if anything else comes to mind!