I have very good experience with Katalon tool, it help create test cases with just record and playback. Also, its easy to write our own test scripts using Java/Groovy language.
Nowadays, this tool is very popular in software testing services provider, as it record & playback that help non-programmers to effectively create automation test cases.
Below are the key features of this tool:
- Katalon Studio is a free and robust automation solution for Web, API and Mobile testing.
- It has powerful built-in features like ‘Object Spy’ and ‘Record & Playback’ using which, even non-programmers can easily create automation scripts, without needing in-depth programming knowledge.
- It supports all built-in libraries of Appium and Selenium.
- It has built-in support for integration with tools like Jenkins, Git and Jira.
- It offers built-in templates for organizing test cases, object repository and keywords.
- It execute multiple test suites at once with test suite collection.
- It automatically updates all associated test cases and suites when objects are changed.
- While Selenium/Appium requires users to build common and reusable actions on their own, katalon Studio contains pre-defined sets of commonly used keywords or actions.
- Katalon Studio hides all technical complexities behind the scene and provides friendly UI with the manual mode (user can drag-drop, select keywords and test objects to form test steps).
- This tool itself provide supports and handle Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc browsers and no browser driver is required as compare to Selenium.
Katalon Studio is a free test automation tool for automating websites, mobile applications and web services. It has record & playback and manual mode that help non-programmers to effectively create automation test cases. For users with programming expertise, it has script mode as well using which users can write test scripts in Groovy/Java.
Hope this information is helpful for you.