Lesson 1 - Activity 3 - Creating a portfolio of work

Time: 15 minutes – 1 hour

Introduction: In the lesson we described why creating a testing portfolio of work for this course was a valuable exercise to do. By portfolio, we simply mean a collection of:

• notes from the course,
  • useful resources you find,
  • work from completed activities,
  • and reflections on your learning.

So in this activity, you’re going to take some time to work out where you’d like to store your portfolio and get it set up!

Purpose: A portfolio will help you create a body of work that you can return to when you need to. It can also be shared with others to show them you have a working knowledge of software development and testing.

Activity: To create a portfolio you need to pick and create a space to store your work. There are many ways to create a portfolio. To help you choose the right option for you, here are a few suggestions:

• Public or private? If you would like to share your work with others then perhaps set up a blog site with tools like Blogger or Wordpress. If you create a blog, share the URL below in the thread! We’d love to see how you’re getting on. If you want to keep your portfolio to yourself, consider using a free cloud storage service like Google Cloud or OneDrive. Or you could create yourself a private Wiki
  • Note taking style? Your notes could be written into Word or Google documents or you could take advantage of note-taking tools like Evernote or Google Keep. You may want to take notes by hand and take photos to add to your portfolio or maybe you would prefer to create mind maps. Create notes in whatever way works best for you.
9 Likes

Thanks for the ideas Mark. I am taking notes by hand which is more effective for me and will make mind maps after finishing each topic .

1 Like

Sorry for the off-topic comment, but I recommended this course to a few people who asked me how to get into software testing, what’s it like, and the really like the course! :smiley: