ReTestBash UK 2022 - Throw Out the QA Strategy Documents and Build a Ways of Working - Robbie Falck

Throw Out the QA Strategy Documents and Build a Ways of Working with @robbie.falck

Talk Description

Creating strategies and unifying an agile QA team can be difficult. Why not create a visual strategy? Or even better, a visual Ways of Working!

In this session, we will talk about the journey my team went on in transforming our agile processes, discovering our Ways of Working and figuring out how to stray away from long strategy documents that no one likes reading and focusing on visual strategies that everyone owns.

Takeaways

• Understand what a Ways of Working is about
  • A whole team approach to QA strategies
  • How to create visual strategies instead of documentation

We’ll use this Club thread to share resources mentioned during the session and answer any questions we don’t get to during the live session.

2 Likes

Resources

Questions Asked Live

@stuartdewar - What tool did you use to create the visual map of your WoW? Very nice.

@bethtesterleeds - I will remember this talk next time a manager asks for a lengthy test strategy doc. :fire:Did you give this presentation internally to your workplace too?

@bethtesterleeds - Can you tell us about the WoW workshop you did at Testbash? What were the best outcomes for you?

@bethtesterleeds - Love this talk! So clear and to the point. Where did you source your graphics from to help with this?

@sarah_oconnell - How did developers input into the QA WoW?

@shashikumar - Loved the session. Does mind maps on the wall can be used across different departments which will aid QA process? Does Test Strategy documents aren’t necessary?

@dianadromey - How was it to go back to a big stage after a long lock down?

Anonymous - How would you suggest applying this in a One tester IT team?

@jilhar - When you’ve delivered this presentation before was anyone from a consultancy background ? I’m unsure how external parties would by in our change of “approach”

@kbrom-kidane - How did you manage challenges in the QA journey as individual and as a team?

@vedantbajpai - How did you do Show me in your org and how did it help?

@friendlytester - If you could redo the talk again, what would you add/remove, given time to reflect since TestBash UK?

Unanswered Question

@vedantbajpai - How did you do Show me in your org and how did it help?