Security protocols Jmeter-Gatling

Hello,
Does Jmeter or Gatling support SAML, OpenID or JWT functionality out of the box?

1 Like

Hello Carlos ,

After a quick search i found the following articles about JMeter :

OpenID

JWT

SAML

I didn’t work with the mentioned technologies, that’s why i’m not totally sure whether the provided links will be helpful or not for you.

Thanks ,
Mohamed

2 Likes

Hei Mohamed,
Thanks for the links and your answer. I have contacted the head of sales for gatling and I got the following answer:

> We don’t support either SAML not OpenID atm. Those are typical Enterprise features that we’ll implement if a customer is willing to contract with us in order to get them.
*> JWT tokens are just a matter of grabbing HTTP headers and sending them back, this is available out of the box. *
> But then, token refresh logic is not covered in the JWT spec and is application specific, so that’s something you’d have to implement in your tests.

…and since I can find some test examples for these technologies for Gatling, I just assume that neither Gatling nor Jmeter offer these functionalities “out of the box” but it is possible to create test scripts that has enough OpenID/SAML/JWT functionality to get the tests working (like the links that you have provided me) :slight_smile:
Can it be like this?

1 Like

Hi Carlos ,

To be honest i don’t know anything about Gatling :slight_smile: , but for JMeter as you mentioned may be there is no out of the box support but you can create a script that do the required job.

1 Like

A bit late to this party, only discovered JMeter today. SAML login or any other kinds of auth flow performance testing is possible, but not finding and actual showcase of this makes it hard for me to get a feel of how much effort it entails. I honestly don’t see the point of the simple load tests in most tutorials, where do people go to get an idea of the effort involved. Is the JMeter Cookbook by Bayo Erinle the only next step?