This is a good question. Being a QA, this kind of testing is performed in most of the software quality assurance services companies. Please refer to my inline comments on your queries:
If given a scenario and asks for the test scenarios like how will you test this functionality.
- First of all, we will test the actual functionality as per Business requirement.
- It should fulfill the requirement which is mentioned in the reference document.
- Verify the negative scenarios corresponding to functionality.
- Test the boundary values according to the scenario.
How will you test the Google search field?
- Test it with the actual searching requirement.
- Test it with the searching text in double-quotes.
- Test it with related text to ensure the results.
- Test it by missing space between words.
How will you test the calendar tab on a web page
- On navigation, Calendar should be properly displayed.
- Date should be successfully selected from the calendar.
- Navigation to previous/next month/year should be successful with any issue.
- It should work fine with different screen sizes.
Hope this information is helpful for you.