Techniques to Sell Bugs

Is anyone interested in learning how to influence software developers, managers, or executives in fixing critical software bugs? I have a course I am working on that explains influencing techniques to persuade different stakeholders. Let me know if there is any interest in this topic.

3 Likes

I’d be interested :slightly_smiling_face:

I would also be interested.

Always interested to learn new things - bring it on. It can be a challenge to get somebody to accept bugs sometimes. I like to try and find a link to a bug in something they use (their dev tools or a website they love). If I can show them something similar which annoys them it can encourage them to fix a bug so our users aren’t annoyed in the same way. Good luck with the course creating.

Thank you all for the replies and interest. I will be posting some snippets of the content on my blog over the next few weeks.

I think a large part of QA involves ‘selling’. People want to know why they should do something and ‘What’s in it for them’.
I’d certainly be interested in this please!

1 Like

I have placed the course on Udemy its still a work in progress but I’m hoping to improve it over time.