test.allTheThings('GraphQL') with Manoj Kumar

6th up to the TestBash New Zealand stage, @manoj9788 is going to share their experience with GraphQL APIs and how you can test GraphQL APIs.

If youโ€™ve got questions for Manoj about the talk, add them here :point_down:

Remember to :heart: questions that you like to show appreciation for others and help @jamesespie see what questions are popular to ask live.

1 Like

You mentioned in the chat that graphql is replacing rest apis in the selenium 4 grid api. Can you elaborate on how that will affect tests written for previous versions, and what (if anything) will need to be changed to adjust to this?

2 Likes

What are some risks with using GraphQL vs. REST that testers should be aware of?

3 Likes

You mentioned graphql being a query language, and you mentioned 4 types of tests (static type checks, unit, integration, and exploratory) In your opinion where is the best place to start?

2 Likes

Hi Manoj.

I know you cannot predict the future, so I wonโ€™t hold you accountable for accuracy :smiley:

Disclaimer - I am not hugely familiar with GraphQL. It seems like a elegant solution, but will it really replace Restful APIโ€™s ?

It feels like a fun new toy - but does it really deliver enough to promote mass adoption ?

Thanks