TestBash email message bug

Hi all,

It seems like the name placeholder in the most recent ā€œTestBash UK Super Early Bird is Endingā€ message isā€¦ wellā€¦ buggy:

Best,
Benjamin

2 Likes

I think this is for @dianadromey :slight_smile:

Nice find @bischoffdev somehow I totally skipped that part!

3 Likes

This is why the test profession will not go away :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Exactly :stuck_out_tongue:
I totally skip the name part in the mails from MoT since my name always comes out wrong because it consist of 3 parts. Itā€™s always something like ā€œKristof Vanā€

:joy:

3 Likes

Hi all, Iā€™ll need to investigate as that is automatically generated via Gist. Iā€™ll have a look at it tomorrow. :wink:

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve said it today, no bug at MoTā€™s new site will go unnoticed! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @kristof ,
I had a look at how your name is set up and looks like your first name is set up to Kristof Van and the surname to Kriekingen.
Would you like me to amend it to be:

• First name: Kristof
  • Last name: Van Kriekingen
2 Likes

Yea that would be great! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bischoffdev I havenā€™t forgotten about you! :smiley:
Gist is still investigating as to why your name didnā€™t pull your first name from your profile. Iā€™ll let you know as soon as I hear back. :wink:

Itā€™s not only for Benjamin, but for everyone btw. (I had the same issue, for that specific mail)

1 Like

Ooohhh, ok! I thought it was only Benjamin, as no one else reported it.
May I ask how do you know it happened to everyone?
Do you know any other specific cases you can tell me? Feel free to DM with those.

A friend of mine and I have the same issue.

2 Likes

Hi Kristof, thanks for taking the time to let me know. Iā€™ll inform Gist now that it happened to more than one person and hope they find the reason behind it.
Iā€™ll keep you all posted. :wink:

2 Likes

Soooo :smile: was there any successful bug hunt?

1 Like

Not yet! Let me chase againā€¦

Ok, got a reply. @bischoffdev , @kristof, @mirza and anyone else who had the same issue, can you forward those emails to me (hopefully you still have them) so I can send them the examples?
Please send them to: diana@ministryoftesting.com

2 Likes

Done! Forwarded to you, hope it helps!

2 Likes

I was able to dig up the email with the name variable, itā€™s been forwarded.

1 Like

Hi @kristof, @bischoffdev, @mirza and anyone else affected, I finally got to the bottom of this issue!
So it looks like it was our error and not Gistā€™s.
This email was actually sent via MailChimp and not Gist. But we use Gistā€™s placeholder and not the one MailChimp uses, hence no names coming throughā€¦

So sorry about this! Weā€™ll make sure to use the correct one for future email communications! :smiley:
Thank you all so much for brining this up and helping me get to the bottom of this!

3 Likes

Good exploratory work! I am happy this is sorted out now!

1 Like