Top features missing in test management tools. Memes!

I am pretty sure that this topic is not new.

Sometimes I feel like test management software companies do not understand their users. Maybe there is some evil villain that tries to make testers’ life as painful as possible.

Any tester would say that having a mindmap or an easy way to outline your ideas without 10 clicks in test management tool is one of the most usefult features. Yet, 9 out of 10 test management tolls do not have it.

Please share your frustrations here. Send me your memes!

a0daf278bf33d803108b7f59fdd34750

3 Likes

I prefer any business Wikipedia like Confluence over any test management tool.

• freedom to use any structure I need (by the limits of the tool) like tables, lists, head lines. And I can easily add others by plugins. Mind maps and UMLs are just some clicks away (I know, licenses).
  • save collaboration with multiple people on the same page (Jira has a know bug on concurrent editing the description the last one saving overwrites all other changes)

How you can still do some style test management in confluence while keeping its advantages:

Sorry, no meme.
I’ll create some later.

Also my advice: Don’t ask the test management developers to give you a mind map tool.
Ask your manager to not buy a t.m. tool, but a mind map tool or business Wikipedia.

download

2 Likes