Week 1 Activity - Modelling Restful Booker Platform

Introduction:

During our first session together we’ve learnt that before we can begin to automate we need a solid understanding of how our products are built. With a solid understanding we can then begin to identify valuable automation opportunities. Therefore in this activity we’re going to learn how to build that understanding up and communicate it with others.

Purpose:

Creating models have many different skills to master. Identifying what information you would like to identify, capturing that information and then presenting it in a visualisation that demonstrates your understanding and trigger further conversations. This activity has been designed to help you grow your skills and knowledge in all these aspects of modelling systems.

Activity:

For this activity you will need to:

1. Make a copy of the model you created with your team during the class
  2. Continue to investigate the parts that make up the system by:
  • Investigating the code base
  • Asking questions of Mark and Richard
  1. Update your model based on what you’ve learnt
  2. Share your model here on The Club for your other cohort members to give feedback on (Don’t forget to view and feedback on other models)
  3. Update your model based upon the feedback

Group Models

Your goal is to build a model that you feel comfortably communicates how Restful-Booker-Platform works and how it is built.

Be prepared to demonstrate your model in the next sesion.

@ait-cohort-1

Hi all, just to let you know we’re fast approaching our next class. We’d love for you to share your expanded versions of your models on here so we can discuss them.

I’ve made a copy of my team’s model (Team 2) and pasted below on the same board with some tweaks.

Thanks,
Margie :slight_smile:

Hi - here’s my expanded version of the restful-booker-platform model: Miro | Online Whiteboard for Visual Collaboration Let me know if there are any issues accessing the link.

Interesting @c_b however the Assets API actually doesn’t actually speak with the other APIs at all. The Assets API is responsible for serving the HTML, CSS and JS to the browser on initial load. But after that it doesn’t do much else. The other API relationships from what I can tell look good!

1 Like

Great work @burlington.pse One advantage you have is that fellow team mates have added in models as well. I would suggest you take a look as the Auth API connections with the other APIs isn’t quite right. Auth plays an important role in determining whether someone is allowed to carry out specific actions.

A bit late… Well more like, very late :blush:
I created one on my iPad and transferred it to a Miro board this morning and made some last minute changes. I’ll probably miss some connections but here we go:

I am trying to join but having computer troubles today.

Noreen