What is your Elevator Pitch

What is your Elevator Pitch ?

1 Like

“Hi, I’m the guy who is paid to break things.”

It gets peoples attention and although it’s dishonest, it opens the door every time.

2 Likes

For what audience? family, friends, a party, a technical meetup, a work colleague, an interview with HR, an interview with a hiring manager(in which role)?

1 Like

When you know a lot of test colleagues, you would like to stand out. Then what will be your elevator pitch.

Should we use the STAR model anytime given the situation is changing.

It is an amazing one, would love to use it.

I’m Callum, senior tester, speaker and kick-ass dungeon master. I work to help dispel uncertainty through structured exploration and question asking.

1 Like

When do you think the last time the weight limit was really tested in this elevator?

2 Likes

I’m a product-minded software QA Team Lead and Engineer/Analyst with 10 years of experience working with all sorts of web apps.
I would rather not use any cheesy/cringy “elevation pitches” as many people do. Usually, people use these pitches when attaching their cover letters and resumes. It’s not possible to put your experience, skills, and mindset in a short pitch. To truly stand out, you need to possess certain qualities that are more than what an elevation pitch can express. An elevation pitch, at least the ones I’ve seen, is useless.

1 Like